F. A. Q.
I am new to yoga. What classes should I take to start yoga?
You can modify your practice in any of our classes and the teachers will explain how. However, if you are new to yoga, we suggest you start with a Hatha Yoga or Harmony Attentive Flow class.
What should I do to prepare for my first class?
We suggest to always take a shower before class if possible. A hot shower before your yoga practice can help to warm and loosen cold, tight muscles, helping you stretch deeper and reducing the chance of an injury. Please bring a clean mat, water, towel and wear comfortable clothing.
Do you rent mats or towels?
Yes, we rent mats and towels for $2.00 each.
Do you have showers or lockers?
We do not have a shower or lockers. We do have cubbies inside the practice room where you can leave your personal belongings.
Do you have pre-natal yoga?
At this time we do not offer pre-natal yoga. You can attend any of our classes while pregnant. Please let the front desk know that you are pregnant and how many weeks, so that they can advise the teacher. He or she will help you modify poses.
Do you offer hot yoga?
We do not offer hot yoga. Our Harmony Vinyasa classes are physically challenging, this style will require more effort and will greatly increase strength and flexibility. Prepare to sweat and have fun!
Do I need to pre-register for classes online?
No, you do not need to pre-register online. We can fit up to 50 students in class comfortably but we do encourage students to arrive early. If it's your first time at the studio, you should arrive at least 10 minutes before class to fill out our new student waiver.
Do my classes expire and can I transfer them to someone else?
Class packages expire in 6 months. In the event of an injury, we do require a doctor’s note so that we can extend your package. We do not refund or transfer class packages.
Do you offer any student or senior discounts?
Yes, we offer discounted rates to students, seniors (60+), military, police, firefighters and teachers (Thanks for your service!). All must have current school, work identification and drivers license for verification of age.
What are the benefits of Harmony Yoga?
- As in any practice to see any benefit from it, you must commit to 2-3 classes a week and maintain a continual practice. Harmony Yoga has expanded its classes and offers 31 classes a week, 7 days a week to meet anybody’s busy schedule!
- We offer a variety of classes for any level from beginner to the intermediate/advanced student. We offer mommy and me as well. We got your Yoga needs covered!
- Sound and space is important and we know you will benefit from the improvements we have made!
- We now offer a monthly membership which offers the best value for our students in keeping their practice continual and affordable in addition to the traditional series packages. We give a 20% discount on memberships and packages to students, teachers, law enforcement, military, firefighters and seniors.
- We care about our students. Having financials troubles? Let us know and we’ll work with you during those times. We do not want you to stop your practice ever, especially not for financial issues.
- This is your studio/center; we want you to be safe, happy and grow to be the best person you can be in your yoga space.
- We’ve been in business for 13 years, we are one of the first Vinyasa flow studios in the South Bay.
- Local and quality teachers with experience, we live and practice locally but learn globally by offering workshops, seminars and events every month at your studio.
- Yoga teachers are full time teachers and professionally trained. We continually are taking workshops/seminars to pass this knowledge on to our students.
- This is a Yoga Studio/Center, and not a gym offering a few Yoga classes. It is our intention that you not only benefit physically from your practice but mentally and spiritually as well.
- Our classes offer a prescriptive approach to Yoga. Take a class based on how you feel or how you would like to feel! Our symbols will guide you to focus on what you need or desire.
Physical Focus: The more of these symbols for a class,
the more physical strength is required for the class.
Mental Focus: The more of these symbols for a class,
the more mental focus is required for the class.
Spiritual Focus: The more of these symbols for a class,
the more spiritually focused the class will be.