The Benefits of Tripod Headstand(Sirsasana)
Turning upside-down can give you a new perspective on life and the courage to try something new. The inverted position of Sirsasana increases the flow of blood to your brain. This freshly oxygenated blood stimulates your pituitary and pineal glands to calm and revitalize your mind.
- Relaxes and energizes your mind
- Strengthens your core, back, neck, shoulders and arms
- Lengthens your spine
- Eases pressure on your lower back.
- Strengthens your lungs
- Helps relieve colds, cough, sinusitis, sore throat and asthma.
- Alleviates stress, insomnia and depression
- Regulates your metabolism
- Improves memory and concentration
Sirsasana improves mental concentration and focus and allows for greater ease when practicing seated in meditation. Practicing headstand has been frequently cited as a pose to counteract the symptoms of depression.