The Benefits of Warrior II (Virabhadrasana II)
For beginners, Warrior II is a great pose for stretching the back and legs when they are tight due to being new to yoga. This pose prepares the practitioner to do the advanced forward bends.
- Stretches your hips, groins and shoulders
- Opens your chest and lungs
- Energizes tired limbs
- Stimulates your abdominal organs
- Develops balance and stability
- Improves circulation and respiration
Facilitates healing of carpal tunnel syndrome, infertility, sciatica, osteoporosis and flattened feet.
- Builds stamina and concentration
Virabhadrasana has also been found effective in removing the backache involved in the pregnancy period.