Benefits of Reversing Pose (Viparita Karani)
Also known as Inverted Lake, this mild inversion is known for a wide range of health benefits as well as its anti-aging effects. Old Hindu scriptures claim that Viparita Karani hides wrinkles in addition to banishing old age and death.
The restorative nature of this posture gets blood flowing to parts of the body that need it, making it good for most any ailment including arthritis, high or low blood pressure, respiratory ailments, and menopause. This pose stretches the back of the legs, and relieves fatigue and cramping in the legs and feet. It can be a great pose for relieving swollen ankles and calves caused by pregnancy, travel, and long periods of standing.
- Relieves tired or cramped legs and feet
- Gently stretches the back legs, front torso, and the back of the neck
- Relieves mild backache
- Strengthened immune system
- Balanced hormonal system
- Calmed nervous system
- Stabilized digestive and elimination systems
- Regulated respiratory system
Helps reduce anxiety, headaches, insomia and mild depression.