Vrikshasana replicates the graceful, steady stance of a tree. Unlike most yoga poses, this pose requires keeping our eyes open in order to maintain body balance.
- Improves balance and stability in the legs
- Strengthens the ligaments and tendon of the feet
- Strengthens and tones the entire standing leg, up to the buttocks
- Assists the body in establishing pelvic stability
- Strengthen the bones of the hips and legs due to the weight-bearing nature of the pose
- Builds self-confidence and esteem
- On a metaphysical level, helps one to achieve balance in other aspects of life