The Benefits of Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
Utkatasana-“utkata”-(meaning “powerful” or “fierce”) and “asana” (meaning “pose”) is an essential component of Sun Salutations and is often used as a transitional pose. It can also be practiced on its own to build strength and stamina throughout the whole body.
- Strengthens the ankles, thighs, calves, and spine
- Stretches shoulders and chest
- Reduces flat feet
- Stimulates the abdominal organs and diaphragm
- Increases the heart rate, stimulating the circulatory and metabolic systems
- Builds endurance and stamina, while toning the nervous system